Welcome to buyupside.com
Thank you for using buyupside.com. Take some time to explore our calculators, tools and sample portfolios that will help you make informed investing decisions.
- Check out the Stock Return Calculator and the Stock Correlation Calculator, favorites of our visitors. Visualize gains and loses with the Stock Return Map.
- Learn how fees reduce returns with the Investment Fee Calculator.
- Watch your money grow with the Recurring Investment Calculator.
- Develop a systematic savings and investment plan. Use dollar-cost averaging to invest regularly. See Dividend Income Calculator - With and Without Dividend Reinvestment.
- Buy high-quality dividend-paying stocks. with rising dividends. See Dividend Aristocrats, Dividend Achievers, Dividend Kings, Great Dividend Stocks and U.S. Dividend Champions.
- Use dividend-paying stocks. to boost income. See high-yield stocks, master limited partnerships (MLPs) and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
- Reinvest dividends. Use the Dividend Reinvestment Calculator to analyze the benefits of dividend reinvestment.
- Use the Dividend Chart Maker to see dividend charts of your favorite dividend-paying stocks.
- Use the Dividend Growth Rate Calculator to compute the annualized growth rate for dividend-paying stocks.
- Examine returns for many popular exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- See how savings and investing adds up with the Compound Interest Calculator - Getting Interest On Interest.
- Use the Inflation Calculator, Purchasing Power Calculator and Retirement Calculator to save enough for retirement.
Popular Stock Portfolios
- Electric Utilities
- High-yield Blue Chip
- Cloud Computing
- Micro-electromechanical System (MEMS)
- Permian Basin Oil and Gas, Utica Shale Oil and Gas, Marcellus Shale Gas and Eagle Ford Shale Oil and Gas
- Dividend-Paying Gold Mining
- Dry Bulk Shipping
- Oil Tanker and LNG/LPG Carrier
New and Updated Stock Portfolios and Calculators
- ESG Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) - Posted August 16, 2017
- U.S. Stock Market: Sunrise ... Sunset - Article from Elliott Wave International - Posted August 15, 2017
- Sustainable Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) - Posted August 15, 2017
- Graphics from Visual Capitalist: The Best and Worst Performing Sectors in 2017 - Posted August 14, 2017
- Socially Responsible Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) - Posted August 12, 2017
- Graphics from Visual Capitalist: Millennials are Investing With a Purpose, and It's Changing Wealth Management - Posted August 12, 2017
- Business Development Company (BDC) Stocks Offer High Yields - Updated to include 12 stocks - Posted August 11, 2017
- Top 3 Technical Tools Part 2: Relative Strength Index (RSI) - Article from Elliott Wave International - Posted August 11, 2017
- Graphics from Visual Capitalist: Lithium The Fuel of the Green Revolution - Posted August 10, 2017
- Portfolio of Biotech Stocks: Cancer - Updated to include 18 stocks - Posted August 9, 2017
- Portfolio of Boutique Investment Banks - Posted August 8, 2017
- Portfolio of Chinese Internet Stocks - Updated to include 28 stocks - Posted August 8, 2017
- Top 3 Technical Tools Part 1: Japanese Candlesticks - Article from Elliott Wave International - Posted August 7, 2017
- Portfolio of Private Equity Stocks - Posted August 7, 2017
- Portfolio of Online Gaming Stocks - Posted August 6, 2017
- Portfolio of Waste Management Stocks - Updated to include 11 stocks - Posted August 6, 2017
- Portfolio of Snack Food Stocks - Posted August 5, 2017
- Gold Return Calculator - Posted August 2, 2017
- Cobolt Return Calculator - Posted July 29, 2017
- Portfolio of Dividend-Paying Restaurant Stocks - Updated to include 18 stocks - Posted July 28, 2017
- The market risk that makes Nobel Laureate Robert Shiller ‘lie awake worrying' - From CNBC - Posted July 27, 2017 See S&P 500 Return Calculator - Robert Shiller Long-term Stock Data and Backtesting Stock Market Returns Using the CAPE Calculator.
- Portfolio of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Chip Stocks - Posted July 26, 2017
- Portfolio of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Stocks - Posted July 25, 2017
- Stock Beta Calculator - Posted July 24, 2017
- When Prices Are Falling, TWO Numbers Matter Most - AAPL's 6% June slide - Article from Elliott Wave International - Posted July 23, 2017
- Monthly Dividend-Paying Stocks from Dividend.com - Posted July 21, 2017
- Portfolio of Consulting Stocks - Posted July 16, 2017
Quandl Prices and Dividends
Most buyupside.com calculators and sample portfolios uses prices and dividends for stocks traded on major U.S. stock exchanges from Quandl. OTC stocks (many with five-letter symbols), mutual funds, indexes and stocks traded on foreign exchanges are not supported. A few calculators use price and dividend data from Yahoo! Finance.
Site maintained by Richard Howard.